Nibiru | V&V-as-a-service / Requirement-as-a-Plugin
The work carried out in this WP is on reliability, security and quality assurance of software systems. The research aims at exploring the “test-as-a-service”, “reasoning-as-a-service” and “Verification-as-a-service” paradigms generically gathered as “softwareValidation&Verification-as-a-service”. The implemented prototypes are expected to not only be deployable in the Cloud but also to take advantage of it. Indeed, an innovative aspect to be further explored from previous research is to consider the supported requirements as plug-ins. Furthermore, foundational research is expected to be conducted on how to consider individually these requirement plug-ins: for instance, functional correctness (in the presence of concurrency) or, on the non-functional requirements side, energy efficiency or power consumption, usability and accessibility, etc.
Team & Collaborators
- Simão Melo de Sousa | WP leader
- João Paulo Fernandes
- Rui Pereira | Grantee, C4-UBI (02/2019-05/2020)
- Pereira, R., & Fernandes, J. P.: Paint your Programs Green – On the Energy Efficiency of Data Structures. In Composability, Comprehensibility and Correctness (3COWS). Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer. (submitted for publication)
- Macedo, J. N., Ribeiro, F., Rua, R., Couto, M., Cunha, J., Fernandes, J. P., Saraiva, J., Pereira, R.: Compilers going Green – An empirical evaluation of functional language performance. In Composability, Comprehensibility and Correctness (3COWS). Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer. (submitted for publication)
- Pereira, R., Couto, M., Ribeiro, F., Rua, R., Cunha, J., Fernandes, J. P., & Saraiva, J.: Ranking Programming Languages by Energy Efficiency. In Science of Computer Programming. (accepted for publication)
- Pereira, R., Matalonga, H., Cabral, B., Castor, F., Couto, M., Melo de Sousa, S., & Fernandes, J. P.: GreenHub: A Large-Scale Collaborative Approach to Battery Consumption Analysis of Android Devices. Journal of Empirical Software Engineering. (accepted for publication)
- Horta, L., Reis, J., Pereira, M., & Melo de Sousa, S. (2020). A tool for Proving MICHELSON Smart Contracts in WHY3. In IEEE Blockchain 2020, pp. 409-414, IEEE.
- Fonseca, N., Fernandes, J. P., Pires, M., & Melo de Sousa, S. (2020). PACE: A DSL-based Approach to Manage Complex Build Pipelines. In 46th Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA), pp. 43-50, IEEE.
- Couto, M., Pereira, R., Maia, D., & Saraiva, J. (2020). On Energy Debt: Managing Consumption on Evolving Software. In 3rd International Conference on Technical Debt (TechDebt’20 co-located ICSE’20).
- Pereira, R., Carção, T., Couto, M., Cunha, J., Fernandes, J. P., & Saraiva, J. (2020). SPELLing Out Energy Leaks Aiding Developers Locate Energy Inefficient Code. Journal of Systems and Software, 110463.
- Matalonga, H., Cabral, B., Castor, F., Couto, M., Pereira, R., Melo de Sousa, S., & Fernandes, J. P. (2019). GreenHub farmer: real-world data for Android energy mining. In Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Mining Software Repositories (pp. 171-175). IEEE Press. (Special Mention Award)
- Rui Pereira, Let’s make Greener Software. C4 – RINNOVAR – Research and INNOVation seminAR, October 16, 2019, Covilhã, Portugal
- Participation in the 16th International Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR) conference, Montreal, Canada
- GreenStamp – submitted project proposal (with Caixa Mágica Software and Universidade de Coimbra)
- GreenHub Project