Nibiru | V&V-as-a-service / Requirement-as-a-Plugin
The work carried out in this WP is on reliability, security and quality assurance of software systems. The research aims at exploring the “test-as-a-service”, “reasoning-as-a-service” and “Verification-as-a-service” paradigms generically gathered as “softwareValidation&Verification-as-a-service”. The implemented prototypes are expected to not only be deployable in the Cloud but also to take advantage of it. Indeed, an innovative aspect to be further explored from previous research is to consider the supported requirements as plug-ins. Furthermore, foundational research is expected to be conducted on how to consider individually these requirement plug-ins: for instance, functional correctness (in the presence of concurrency) or, on the non-functional requirements side, energy efficiency or power consumption, usability and accessibility, etc.
Team & Collaborators
- Simão Melo de Sousa | WP leader
- João Paulo Fernandes
- Rui Pereira | PostDoc, UBI (02/2019-05/2020)
- Pereira R., Couto M., Ribeiro F., Rua R., Cunha J., Fernandes J., Saraiva J.. (2021). Ranking Programming Languages by Energy Efficiency. Science of Computer Programming, 205, 102609.
- Pereira R., Matalonga H., Cabral B., Castor F., Couto M., Sousa S., Fernandes J.. (2021). GreenHub: A Large-Scale Collaborative Approach to Battery Consumption Analysis of Android Devices. Empir Software, 26, 38.
- Pereira R., Carção T., Couto M., Cunha J., Fernandes J., Saraiva J.. (2020). SPELLing Out Energy Leaks Aiding Developers Locate Energy Inefficient Code. Journal of Systems and Software, 161, 110463. (***)
(***) Article published in a top 10% most cited journal of the respective field.
- Horta L., Reis J., Pereira M., Sousa S.. (2020). A tool for Proving MICHELSON Smart Contracts in WHY3. 2020 IEEE International Conference on Blockchain (Blockchain), pp. 409-414.
- Fonseca N., Fernandes J., Pires M., Sousa S.. (2020). PACE: A DSL-based Approach to Manage Complex Build Pipelines. 2020 46th Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA), 2020, pp. 43-50.
- Couto M., Pereira R., Maia D., Saraiva J.. (2020). On Energy Debt: Managing Consumption on Evolving Software. TechDebt ’20: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Technical Debt, pp 62–66.
- Matalonga H., Cabral B., Castor F., Couto M., Pereira R., Sousa S., Fernandes J.. (2019). GreenHub farmer: real-world data for Android energy mining. 2019 IEEE/ACM 16th International Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR), 2019, pp. 171-175, pp. 171. (**)
(**) Special Mention Award
- Pereira R., Fernandes J.. Paint your Programs Green – On the Energy Efficiency of Data Structures. In Composability, Comprehensibility and Correctness (3COWS). Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer. (submitted for publication)
- Macedo J., Ribeiro F., Rua R., Couto M., Cunha J., Fernandes J., Saraiva J., Pereira R.. Compilers going Green – An empirical evaluation of functional language performance. In Composability, Comprehensibility and Correctness (3COWS). Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer. (submitted for publication)
- GreenStamp – P2020 financed project (with Caixa Mágica Software and Universidade de Coimbra).
- Rui Pereira, Let’s make Greener Software. C4 – RINNOVAR – Research and INNOVation seminAR, October 16, 2019, Covilhã, Portugal.
- Participation in the 16th International Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR) conference, Montreal, Canada.
- GreenHub Project.