Predictive Algorithms for Health
The work carried out in this WP targets the research and development of algorithms and applications for the implementation of a framework to identify, predict, monitor and warn on cardiology, Neurodegenerative diseases and comportamental originated diseases.
Team & Collaborators
- Miguel Castelo Branco | WP leader
- Nuno Garcia
- Nuno Pombo
- Mehran Pourvahab | PostDoc, C4-UBI (02/2022-08/2022)
- Sandeep Pirbhulal | PostDoc, C4-UBI (05/2019-04/2020)
- Henriques Zacarias | PhD Student, UBI
- Virginie Felizardo | PhD Student, UBI
- Igor Matias | MSc Student, UBI
- Pirbhulal S., Pombo N., Felizardo V., Garcia N., Sodhro A., Mukhopadhyay S.. (2019). Towards Machine Learning Enabled Security Framework for IoT-based Healthcare. IEEE International Conference on Sensing Technology, pp. 1-6, IEEE.
- Henriques Zacarias, PhD student in Biomedicine, UBI. Thesis title, A novel automatic predictive system for Atrial Fibrillation detection in Electrocardiograms. Co-advised by Dr. João Alexandre Lobo Marques (University of São José, Macao) and Dr. Victor Hugo Albuquerque (University of Fortaleza, Brazil). Expected conclusion in June 2023.
- Virginie Felizardo, PhD student in Computer Science and Engineering, UBI. Thesis title, Context-aware algorithms for Diabetes or Prediabetes prediction and diagnosis support in Ambient Assisted Living. Co-adivsed by Dr. Imen Megdiche (Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France). Expected defence in December 2022.
- Igor Matias, MSc student in Computer Science and Engineering, UBI. Dissertation title, ECG based Prediction Model for Cardiac-Related Diseases using Machine Learning Techniques. Co-supervised by Prof. Miguel Castelo Branco (UBI) and Prof. Eftim Zdravevski (Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, University Ss. Cyril and Methodius, Skopje, Macedonia). June 2020.
- Prontus, project proposal in preparation, with PEGASI, Lda..
- Sandeep Pirbhulal, Analysis of ECG based Random Binary Sequence Generation for Medical Applications, C4 – RINNOVAR – Research and INNOVation seminAR. November 2019. Covilhã, Portugal.